Located in the heart of the Rhineland industrial sector, CTS offers ideal conditions for pre-carriage and post-carriage, due to both its geographical location and its capacities. More than 70 percent of our truck traffic volume is handled within a radius of 35 kilometres.
We organise the transport of larger or bundled freight over long distances, mostly by rail or ship. Containers roll overnight by rail to the ports of Rotterdam, Hamburg and Bremerhaven. We also handle transports to Busto Arsizio (Italy), Valencia (Spain) and Curtici (Romania) at the Port of Cologne-Niehl.
Our inland waterway vessel system transports large container quantities from Cologne, on schedule, within approximately 16 hours to the Benelux ports of Rotterdam, Antwerp and Moerdijk. Thus, the waterway offers an economical and ecological alternative for direct truck transports from and to the seaport.
In addition to the intermodal departures, our extensive fleet of trucks is available to you for the "Last Mile", with special vehicles in 24-hour delivery and collection services. In addition, we would be pleased to develop individually coordinated and precisely timed shuttle services with you. Should you need things to go very quickly, we also offer trucking to the sea ports.
High-performance software with extensive EDI interfaces offers the possibility to connect external systems for mutual data exchange.
Our range of services at a glance
- All container services:
- Container stuffing & -stripping
- Sale, rental, conversion, and storage of containers
- Closely timed train- and barge departures
- Satellite trains for a shorter “Last Mile”
- 24-hour “Last Mile” delivery and pick-up by truck
- Truck shuttle services
- Direct truck transport to the seaports
- Special trucks: self-unloading vehicles (loading crane), tipper chassis, low-loaders for overloaded containers
- Depot and handling
- Equipment with liners, flexitanks and reefer connections
- Repair according to IICL
- Customer-specific individual solutions